#1045

kelly
Participant

The trouble with bees and wasp stings is I’m told you can develop an increasing allergic reaction to the venom so no matter how many times you’ve been stung – the next might be worse!
I’ve been stung many times by both species and also two hornets which I didn’t realize until I looked at my hand to find out what was crawling over it – quite surprising to see two insects like miniature helicopters sitting there – it was their scratchy feet that alerted me. Brushed them off but they each gave me a sting as a departing present – very quick acting, electric shock type pain and then a kind of warm glow but not too bad really.