Israeli policy must change, and then Israel can claim to “want peace”. Until then, it is clear to the world that Israel wants violence.
These are the official Israeli conditions for peace with Hamas. (Taken from the Arab media, to avoid claims of bias) https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2017/10/17/netanyahu-israel-will-not-recognise-fatah-hamas-reconciliation-deal
The security cabinet gave a list of seven conditions:
– Hamas will recognise Israel and desist from terrorism, as per the Quartet conditions
– Hamas must be disarmed
– IDF fallen and Israeli civilians held by Hamas must be returned
– The Palestinian Authority (PA) must exercise full security control in Gaza, including at the crossings, and prevent smuggling
– The PA will continue to act against Hamas terror infrastructures in [the Occupied West Bank]
– Hamas will sever its ties with Iran
– Funds and humanitarian equipment will continue to flow into Gaza only via the PA and the mechanisms that have been established for this purpose
Tell me. Which of these show that Israel has a policy of wanting violence in Gaza? Which of these do you disagree with?
By way of contrast, these are from the updated Hamas charter (2017) http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hamas-charter-1637794876
Hamas rejects any alternative to the full and complete liberation of Palestine, from the river to the sea.
At the heart of these lies armed resistance, which is regarded as the strategic choice for protecting the principles and the rights of the Palestinian people.
Now this is a clear call for ongoing violence.